The legendary "menú del día" (a daily or weekly changing three-course set lunch menu) is a concept the Spanish absolutely love and you’ll find plenty of restaurants will offer it in Mallorca. Started during Franco's time, in the 1960s, as a way to attract tourists by offering a typical Spanish meal at an affordable price, this is one of the true culinary delights of the country.
Keep your eyes peeled, because it's also a great way to experience some of Mallorca’s most exclusive restaurants without the price tag to follow. Why? Well, simply because lunchtime tends to be a quieter time for them so it makes sense to offer a limited menu at attractive prices to increase their lunchtime trade.
We thought we would help you to take advantage of some of the island's best food at delicious prices in Palma, Mallorca’s gastronomic capital. Here are some of our favourite places for menú del día in the city.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020