The legendary "menú del día" (a daily or weekly changing three-course set lunch menu) is a concept the Spanish absolutely love and you’ll find plenty of restaurants will offer it in Mallorca. Started during Franco's time, in the 1960s, as a way to attract tourists by offering a typical Spanish meal at an affordable price, this is one of the true culinary delights of the country.
Keep your eyes peeled, because it's also a great way to experience some of Mallorca’s most exclusive restaurants without the price tag to follow. Why? Well, simply because lunchtime tends to be a quieter time for them so it makes sense to offer a limited menu at attractive prices to increase their lunchtime trade.
We thought we would help you to take advantage of some of the island's best food at delicious prices in Palma, Mallorca’s gastronomic capital. Here are some of our favourite places for menú del día in the city.
More Mallorca Insights...
- What's on in Mallorca December 2019
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma