The legendary "menú del día" (a daily or weekly changing three-course set lunch menu) is a concept the Spanish absolutely love and you’ll find plenty of restaurants will offer it in Mallorca. Started during Franco's time, in the 1960s, as a way to attract tourists by offering a typical Spanish meal at an affordable price, this is one of the true culinary delights of the country.
Keep your eyes peeled, because it's also a great way to experience some of Mallorca’s most exclusive restaurants without the price tag to follow. Why? Well, simply because lunchtime tends to be a quieter time for them so it makes sense to offer a limited menu at attractive prices to increase their lunchtime trade.
We thought we would help you to take advantage of some of the island's best food at delicious prices in Palma, Mallorca’s gastronomic capital. Here are some of our favourite places for menú del día in the city.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer
- Best 10 restaurants in Mallorca with sea views
- Safe beaches in Mallorca this summer 2020
- 7 fantastic family beaches in Mallorca
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do