The wedding of the year took place last weekend in Mallorca. Rafa Nadal, Spain's best tennis player of all time, married his girlfriend of almost 15 years, María Francisca Perelló, at the exclusive Sa Fortalesa, in Port de Pollença.
Sa Fortalesa or La Fortaleza is a 17th-century castle perched upon a small headland near Port de Pollença, close to Cap de Formentor. Its location makes it an ideal venue for high-end weddings, away from the flashes – La Fortaleza was also the place chosen by Gareth Bale to tie the knot and was even the setting of Hugh Laurie's mansion in BBC's hit series The Night Manager. Now privately owned and the property of James Lupton, Sa Fortalesa's estate extends over 87,000m2 with its stunning grounds including a castle, six villas and 10,000m2 of gardens, all available for rent at €25,000 per day.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Where's The Mallorca Files filmed? - A guide to the show's locations
- Top 11 Mallorca wedding venues for 2020
- Mallorca in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca
- The Van Mallorca SuppER CluB 2020 Review
- What's on in Mallorca in February 2020?