After weeks of speculation, Diario de Mallorca have been able to confirm that Real Madrid footballer Gareth Bale married his long-time fiancée Emma Rhys-Jones on June 20th 2019 in Mallorca.
The celebration took place in Sa Fortalesa (or La Fortaleza) and lasted for three days. This luxury private villa, located in the Bay of Port de Pollença, has been featured in many hit TV shows, such as The Night Manager and Turn Up Charlie, and has hosted some of the glitziest weddings on the island. With around 1500m2 of terraces, 1100m2 of gardens, several swimming pools, private beaches and its own heliport, it's the most opulent property in Mallorca. Its current owner, James Lupton, paid €40 million for it.
Sa Fortalesa is situated on an island and boasts several villas, making it one of the most secluded venues in Mallorca. This was probably one of the reasons why Bale chose it to host his wedding. An intimate affair, only their family and closest friends were in attendance.
More Mallorca Insights...
- What's on in Mallorca December 2019
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma