If you are in Mallorca this weekend, you might notice how the island is gearing up for one of its biggest fiestas of the year. Each June, the locals get together to celebrate in honour of Sant Joan (John the Baptist).
Whilst the official day of San Juan is on the 24th, it’s the evening of the 23rd when many of the festivities take place. On this evening, you will see locals gathering for beach and street parties, bonfires, concerts, BBQs, fireworks, devil dancing and more.
So, if you are looking to get involved, there are various celebrations taking place all around the island. Here are just some of them.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca