On a summers evening, I headed deep into the depths of Palma’s old town to join in the fun and frolics of the city’s legendary ‘Tapas Tuesday Tour’, known and advertised as Ruta Martiana on the island.
This sociable affair encourages locals and tourists to assemble in Palma’s authentic backstreet restaurants to enjoy tapas, wine and beer for a special price. There are more than a dozen bars in the area participating in this weekly event where it's customary to ‘bar crawl’ until you are bursting at the seams from overindulging in some typical Spanish tapas or pintxos.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca