Andy Murray, the world's former number 1 tennis player, arrived in Mallorca on Saturday to play on the ATP's Challenger Tour for the first time in 14 years.
It couldn't have started any better for the Scottish player as he beat Imran Sibille yesterday with a 6-0, 6-1 at the Rafa Nadal Open in Manacor. He'll play the second round of the tournament today against Norbert Gombos at around 18:00. Entrance to the competition is free and you can also watch the match online.
This isn't the first time Murray has visited the island as he trained for the 2016 Madrid Open at Palma's Tennis Club. Just three months later, he returned for a short break and to prepare for the Olympics and the clay-court season at the Rafa Nadal Tennis Club in Manacor.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020
- Top 10 fine restaurants in Mallorca in 2019
- Mallorca in Europe's top 10 destinations 2019
- Calo des Moro, smoke & alcohol-free beach
- Organic & healthy eating in Mallorca in 2019
- International visitors flock to Palma in 2019