The 4th edition of the Mallorca Open sent tennis fanatics into a frenzy on the island. Between June 17th and 23rd 2019, under the leadership of Toni Nadal, this WTA international tennis tournament hosted some of the world’s best female tennis stars competing for the $250,000 prize money up for grabs.
I went along on Thursday 20th for the second round of the competition when the most anticipated match of the Mallorca Open was to be held later that afternoon, headlined by two former number 1 WTA superheroes: Russia’s Maria Sharapova and Germany’s Angelique Kerber. Ticket prices started at around €18 and went up to €200 for the VIP options that included access to the VIP terrace, catering and drinks.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020