Felanitx is a small town in the southeast corner of Mallorca. It lies inland from its closest seaport of Porto Colom and is the administrative centre for the area.
Felanitx is the main town of Mallorca's second wine-producing area, Pla & Llevant, which produces a variety of white whites and fresh red wines. It is set in lovely countryside - close by you have the Sanctuary Sant Salvador and Castle Santuari, both of which are perched on top of hills and have wonderful views of both Mallorca and the sea. The town is also known for its capers or 'green pearls'. You can buy them at the Sunday morning market, which spills out onto the streets around the church of Sant Miquel, with local pottery displayed on the church steps.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer
- Best 10 restaurants in Mallorca with sea views
- Safe beaches in Mallorca this summer 2020
- 7 fantastic family beaches in Mallorca
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do