Felanitx is a small town in the south east corner of Mallorca. It lies inland from it's closest sea port of Portocolom and is the administrative centre for the area.
Felanitx is the main town of Mallorca's second wine producing area, Pla & Llevent, which produces a variety of white whites and fresh red wines. It is set in lovely countryside - close by you have the Sanctuary Sant Salvador and Castle Santueri, both of which are perched on top of hills and have wonderful views of both Mallorca and the sea.
The town is also known for its capers, or 'green pearls'. You can buy them at the Sunday morning market, which spills out onto the streets around the church of Sant Miquel, with local pottery displayed on the church steps.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019