Tapas are much more than just food in Spain, they're an institution perfectly conveying the Spaniards' relaxed take on mealtimes. Lately, some of the best restaurants in Mallorca are creating new, imaginative ways to prepare – and enjoy – these dishes.
Sharing a selection of small, delicious bites with a glass of wine is a great way to spend those balmy summer evenings in Mallorca. At the restaurants listed below, it’s possible to try classic tapas with a contemporary twist alongside completely innovative dishes, including old favourites like 'patatas bravas', meatballs and octopus served in a slightly different (and probably even tastier) way. Here is our selection of the top five places for modern tapas in Palma.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca
- Explore the Mallorcan mountains on horseback
- Palma Nit de l'Art 2019 Review
- Mallorca in October 2019 - What to see & do
- Best 11 restaurants for groups in Mallorca 2019
- Mallorca to host men's ATP tour event in 2020