Andratx is located in the south-west of Mallorca. From Andratx, the walk begins in the direction of S'Arracó, three kilometres away. A short rest in this delightful village gives you enough time for a visit to the parish church, where there is a statue of the Virgin "Our Lady of la Trapa".
Following the road up to Sant Elm, from where the island of sa Dragonera and the tiny isle of Pantaleu can be seen, it is a short climb to the castle that was completed in the year 1581. The castle was constructed to protect the inhabitants of Andratx from Moorish pirates, who raided Mallorca frequently at that time.
Buses: Playasol. Departures from Palma: Plaza de España and Plaza Joan Carles I. Departures from Andratx: Urbanization Son Mas.
- Hiking / Walking
- Trails & Routes
More Mallorca Insights...
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma
- Felicity Jones & Shailene Woodley on set in Mallorca