Capdepera is located in the far north-east of Mallorca. In the village of Capdepera itself, before beginning the hike, you can visit the gloriously restored Castle of Capdepera.
Originally there had been a watchtower where the Castle of Capdepera stands today which was used to guard the coast. In 1300 James II of Aragon ordered the construction of a fortified village which would control the uninhabited land below and the maritime routes with Mallorca.
Over time the danger of attacks subsided and residents of the walled town started to relocate themselves at the bottom of the 162m hill which led to the development of modern day Capdepera.
- Distance: 2km
- Hiking / Walking
- Trails & Routes
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer
- Best 10 restaurants in Mallorca with sea views
- Safe beaches in Mallorca this summer 2020
- 7 fantastic family beaches in Mallorca
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do