Mallorca has been awarded nine Michelin stars at the ceremony celebrated last night in Seville to unveil the 2020 Spain and Portugal Michelin guide.
There's a brand new restaurant on the Mallorcan Michelin stars list, Voro, located inside the luxury Park Hyatt hotel in the Canyamel Valley. Voro opened its doors in March 2019 so it's only taken chef Álvaro Salazar a few months to regain the star that he had in his former restaurant, Argos in Port de Pollença, which shut its doors at the end of summer 2018. Traditional Spanish and Mediterranean food, made with local and seasonal produce, are at the heart of Voro's culinary offering.
All the other Michelin-starred restaurants on the island have kept their coveted trophy, including Zaranda and its two Michelin stars, Maca de Castro, Adrián Quetglas, Andreu Genestra, Marc Fosh, Es Racó d'es Teix and Es Fum.
More Mallorca Insights...
- What's on in Mallorca December 2019
- Michelin stars 2020 in Mallorca
- November 2019 in Mallorca - Top 8 things to do
- What's on this Halloween 2019 in Mallorca
- The ideal island wedding - Rafa Nadal's marriage in Mallorca
- Rafa Nadal's stag do in Palma