Sineu is a traditional inland town located geographically at the centre of Mallorca. The whole place comes to life on a Wednesday as its weekly market entices a loyal following of market-goers. Visitors looking to immerse themselves in the ‘real’ Mallorca, or seeking solitude away from the touristy side of the island will find Sineu an attractive destination.
The small and traditional town of Sineu is steeped in history, every street is lined with interesting architecture and ancient blonde stone buildings. There are just under 4000 inhabitants and little sign of tourism here, you will find just a couple of simple hotels, cafes and an art gallery.
The main square is called Plaça des Fossar and is home to many independent cafés with outdoor seating, the perfect pit-stop for a coffee whilst soaking up the local atmosphere. The town is especially appreciated by those who love history, culture and nature. It also provides a great base for those keen to explore some of the great outdoors the island has to offer.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer