Sineu is a traditional inland town located geographically at the centre of Mallorca. The whole place comes to life on a Wednesday as its weekly market entices a loyal following of market-goers. Visitors looking to immerse themselves in the ‘real’ Mallorca, or seeking solitude away from the touristy side of the island will find Sineu an attractive destination.
The small and traditional town of Sineu is steeped in history, every street is lined with interesting architecture and ancient blonde stone buildings. There are just under 4000 inhabitants and little sign of tourism here, you will find just a couple of simple hotels, cafes and an art gallery.
The main square is called Plaça des Fossar and is home to many independent cafés with outdoor seating, the perfect pit-stop for a coffee whilst soaking up the local atmosphere. The town is especially appreciated by those who love history, culture and nature. It also provides a great base for those keen to explore some of the great outdoors the island has to offer.
More Mallorca Insights...
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020