Set deep in the countryside of the Tramuntana mountains, this pretty village lies 460m above sea level and is in the shadow of the great peak of Puig de Galatzo.
It does feel quite isolated thanks to its location, so it's ideal for those looking for peace and quiet, or for those wanting to explore the mountains.
The road to Galilea from Andratx is tiny and full of switch-backs, but very beautiful - the road from Puigunyent is slightly easier! Despite this, Galilea can get crowded out by day-trippers during the summer as they come to sample the views from the church terrace. On a good day you can see far out to sea, while eating tapas outside the church and listening to the echo of sheep-bells on the hillsides.
The nearby village of Puigpunyent is also justifiably popular and is surrounded by orange groves - as well as being the base for visiting La Reserva (adventure nature park).
There is no hotel in Galilea, the closest place to stay is Puigpunyent.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca