The small rural town of Petra lies in the middle of Mallorca, surrounded by agricultural land.
Petra is best known as being the birthplace of Fray Junipero Serra, a misionary who some claim to have founded California. Petra is also known for it's sandstone which has created many of the villages of Mallorca.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca