Set deep within the Tramuntana mountain range of the west of Mallorca, Orient is one of the most remote villages in Mallorca.
Nervous drivers should take car when tackling the road to Orient from Bunyola, with bends at alarming angles and little in the way of barriers to stop you tumbling deep into the countryside (there is a much easier approach from Alaro). But those who make it to this village are rewarded with the marvellous sight of this tiny hamlet.
With a population of less than 30, Orient nestles among olive trees at the foot of Puig d'Alfabia. Orient is popular with walkers - numerous hikes start from here, including an ascent to Castel d'Alaro - and with weekend day trippers from Palma, who visit its three restaurants for Sunday lunch.
More Mallorca Insights...
- See Mallorca's almond blossoms in 2020
- Mallorca in January 2020 - What's on & what to do
- Happy New Year from Mallorca!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMallorca.com
- Christmas & New Year 2019 in Mallorca - The best things to do
- Top 6 reasons to visit Palma in winter 2019/20