The beach at the little fishing village of Portixol may not be the prettiest, but we have included it because of its proximity to Palma and the lovely cafes and bars to the rear of the beach.
Portixol is found just to the east of Palma's cathedral and is home to a little bay that has calm clear waters and a beach which is only about 100 metres long and 20 metres deep. There are no sun loungers to hire, so for a bit of comfort bring your own chair or lilo.
There is a fairly substantial yacht club and marina at Portixol. Limited car parking is available on the streets in the village.
Behind the beach there is a promenade that doubles as a cycle path (which takes you from Palma to the resort of Playa de Palma). The nicest thing about being here is the cafes and bars on the other side of the promenade. Many of the little cottages here have been refurbished and offer cool homes for Mallorca's in-crowd.
Read more about Portixol.
More Mallorca Insights...
- An empowering retreat in breathtaking Mallorca
- The Van Mallorca SuppER CluB 2020 Review
- What's on in Mallorca in February 2020?
- Mallorca's new food & fun hub opens May 2020
- See Mallorca's almond blossoms in 2020
- Mallorca in January 2020 - What's on & what to do