The closest beach to Palma is at Ca'n Pere Antoni. This small stretch of golden sandy beach starts just beyond the cathedral. A promenade and cycle path runs along its length but behind these lies the main road that takes you to Palma airport.
Despite its popularity with locals, this beach is very convenient if you are staying in Palma and you are looking for a quick beach stop. The views of Palma Cathedral from here are stunning.
The beach runs for 750 metres and is 30 metres deep. This combined with its proximity to the city centre means it can get very busy during the summer. It holds a Blue Flag award for cleanliness and has toilets and showers and a lifeguard presence. You will find bars and restaurants at the eastern end of the beach.
There is also a public beach at Portixol - this is only about half a kilometre further on and is away from the main road. It also has a great selection of very good quality bars and restaurants.
- Disabled access
- Beach Sports
More Mallorca Insights...
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy, organic & eco eating in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca