Porto Cristo – or Portocristo – is a little, picturesque fishing village on the east coast of Mallorca. It takes advantage of its superb position at the end of a long, sheltered bay featuring a blue flag sandy beach with lovely turquoise waters and has carved out a role as a laidback, family-friendly resort.
Porto Cristo comprises a blend of ancient stone houses and more modern villas with plenty of character. It’s now hard to believe that it was once one of the main tourist resorts on the east coast of Mallorca, a situation that changed when the large commercial tourist resort of Cala Millor came along. The port is the main attraction here as it's where many local restaurants, perfectly placed to catch the lunchtime sun, are located.
Porto Cristo is an attractive summer getaway destination for British, German and Scandinavian tourists. Even if you don't base yourself here on your holiday, we would highly recommend a visit to its legendary Dragon Caves (Cuevas del Drach), which day-trippers come in droves to visit.
More Mallorca Insights...
- See Mallorca's almond blossoms in 2020
- Mallorca in January 2020 - What's on & what to do
- Happy New Year from Mallorca!
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeMallorca.com
- Christmas & New Year 2019 in Mallorca - The best things to do
- Top 6 reasons to visit Palma in winter 2019/20