Porto Cristo – or Portocristo – is a little, picturesque fishing village on the east coast of Mallorca. It takes advantage of its superb position at the end of a long, sheltered bay featuring a blue flag sandy beach with lovely turquoise waters and has carved out a role as a laidback, family-friendly resort.
Porto Cristo comprises a blend of ancient stone houses and more modern villas with plenty of character. It’s now hard to believe that it was once one of the main tourist resorts on the east coast of Mallorca, a situation that changed when the large commercial tourist resort of Cala Millor came along. The port is the main attraction here as it's where many local restaurants, perfectly placed to catch the lunchtime sun, are located.
Porto Cristo is an attractive summer getaway destination for British, German and Scandinavian tourists. Even if you don't base yourself here on your holiday, we would highly recommend a visit to its legendary Dragon Caves (Cuevas del Drach), which day-trippers come in droves to visit.
More Mallorca Insights...
- July 2020 in Mallorca - what's the weather & what to do
- Mallorca reopens for summer 2020
- Travel to Mallorca opens on June 21st 2020
- Blue Flag beaches in Mallorca in 2020
- Holidays in Mallorca - Tourists welcome in July 2020
- More airlines flying to Mallorca in June 2020