Campos is a traditional rural town in the south-east of Mallorca. Sitting between Llucmajor and Santanyi, it’s a mere 8km away from the coast. Constructed from the famous local blonde stone, Campos is rather pretty and, while it remains a sleepy rural place, it acts as the administrative centre for this corner of the island which is most famous for its long sandy beaches and turquoise waters.
Es Trenc Beach is the area's biggest attraction and, as a result of its popularity, there are some fabulous rural hotels scattered around the countryside near the town. We would recommend visiting Campos when it's celebrating its busy market on Thursdays and Saturdays, or you might want to get involved in the odd fiesta or village fair the locals host throughout the year. The town also boasts some wonderful bakeries and good quality restaurants serving traditional Mallorcan cuisine.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Healthy, organic & eco holidays in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer