Llucmajor is an inland town in the south of Mallorca, located within the plains that lie below the hills of Randa. The town itself is a medium size, however, the area that surrounds it, also called Llucmajor, is the largest municipality on the island comprising of 16 villages including Cala Blava, Cala Pi and the famous tourist resort of S’Arenal.
The town has a lengthy history of agriculture and craftsmanship in stone, iron, wood and shoes. These days, it stays true to its native roots as there is little sign of tourism in the area. The town centre has a real mish-mash of architecture with ancient landmarks and old buildings alongside new houses. It’s mainly Mallorcans that reside here which means that it remains fairly lively year round.
Being an inland town, it was often overlooked as a place to stay in Mallorca in the past. However, in recent years, a number of country houses and estates have been transformed into idyllic holiday retreats, making it increasingly popular as a base for tourists visiting the island.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Healthy, organic & eco holidays in Mallorca
- 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca
- Mallorca in top 10 most popular destinations 2020
- Top 8 rooftop bars in Palma de Mallorca
- Top 11 celebrities to spot in Mallorca this summer