This beautiful hotel building is part of the marine façade of La Calatrava, in the city centre and close to the Cathedral.
The hotel has 16 suite-type rooms boasts spa facilities and a large terrace with magnificent views over the bay of Palma and the Parc de la Mar. It's has been extensively remodelled now boasting smart contemporary style rooms and communal areas, with most rooms benefitting from an amazing view across the bay.
There are 6 suites of around 60m2 all with sea views and a small private terrace. 3 Junior suites overlooking the Parc de Mar with one converted for disabled access. In addition to the suites there are also 7 deluxe rooms, all of which are spacious and bright.
Each room has a king sized bed and spacious wardrobes or closets, and all are en-suite.
- TV 3D Led-LCD 42” (Smart TV)
- Individual heating and air conditioning
- Free Minibar
- Wi-Fi Connexion
- Direct telephone
- Strongbox suitable for laptop
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer and magnifying mirror
- Bathroom toiletries, dressing gowns and slippers
The spa includes a sauna, hot tub, contrast shower with aromatherapy, relaxation area, treatment and massage rooms, plus you can book into a private yoga or pilates class.
Send an enquiry using a link on this page to find out more information or to book.
The restaurant at the hotel is the Gastro-Courment which offers a varied menu of regional cuisine that are all deeply rooted in Mallorcan and Spanish culture. All their dishes are prepared with fresh seasonal ingredients. Like the rest of the hotel, it has views from its terrace that over looks the Mediterranean.
Families & Kids
You’ll need to book your own childcare when staying here. There is a great choice of childcare options in Mallorca from full-time nanny services to the odd night of babysitting. Booking in advance is always recommended and strongly advised for the school holiday periods.
Also see: Childcare in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
You’ll need to book your own transfers, when staying here. Your main options are shared or private transfers, but consider whether you would prefer a door-to-door service or a (generally cheaper) “communal” drop-off point at your destination.
Also see: Transfers to Mallorca, Spain
You’ll need to organise your own bike hire when staying here. Things to consider are the type of bike you want to rent such as road, mountain, hard trail and/or an electric bike; and whether you’ll need helmets and protective clothing with your rental. You’re best off choosing a shop that is close to your accommodation for ease of access, and making it quicker to return the bike and pay at the end. Some companies may also deliver so it’s worth looking at all the options.
Also see: Cycle Hire in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Guides & Tours
The hotel's concierge is able to organise various activities on your behalf including personalised excursions with or without a tour guide, Balloon Rides, Cycle tours, Boat trips and Horse riding.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
- "Stayed at the Calatrava for a weekend in October and the room was beyond comfortable and service was like the best 5 star hotel. Food is very good and not overpriced and I was told by staff that they buy everything locally. The view over the sea was so relaxing." - Trip Advisor
- "We loved our stay at this hotel, the breakfast with a view over the sea was wonderful, the beds super comfy and the spa area a nice bonus. Would stay here again, perfect place for a comfortable stay in Palma de Mallorca ." - Trip Advisor
- "Ten minutes from Palma's old town and shopping district, this just-opened hotel has 16 modern rooms in a 19th-century house with great sea views." - Conde Nast Traveller
- "I'm glad to have had the pleasure of being one of the first guests of this magnificent hotel. The bedroom was beautiful, elegant, and quiet. The bed was big and very comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding, it was a relaxing way to start the day, on a beautiful terrace facing the bay. I am so grateful with the staff for making our stay so wonderful." - Trip Advisor
- "We had the pleasure of choosing this hotel on our visit to Palma during a tour of Spain. The hotel is spectacular: small, intimate, and luxurious. The room was spacious, comfortable and had a beautiful bathroom with a modern style. The service in every place of the hotel was impeccable; their employees are friendly and very professional. It was one of the best travelling experiences we have had no doubt about it. We will most definitely be returning soon!!" - Trip Advisor
The main area of interest in Palma is the old city around the cathedral. This part is mostly pedestriansed and is filled with shops, bars and restaurants. Beautiful buildings of all architectural types line the streets and there are many lanes and alleys to explore.
A foodies heaven, Palma has really come up trumps with gastronomic restaurants turing on the style in recent years. Santa Catalina and La Llonja are two of the hot spots at the moment, you'll be spolit for choice.
Also see: Restaurants in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Things to Do Nearby
Sailing is huge in Palma, with a number of marinas lining the coast. The city's beaches can also be good for windsurfung when the wind is up. On a more tranquil note, there are many sights to see, museums and galleries to visit, and Mallorca's best shopping. Some of the island's best festivals take place in Palma, and there is a thriving cultural programme throughout the year.
Also see: Things To Do in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
The city has a beach just beyond the cathedral which is in walking distance to many of the boutique hotels in the old town. Further along to the east are the beaches of Portixol and Ciudad Jardin, which offer a more tranquil experience.
Also see: Beaches in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Palma has Mallorca's best nightlife, with a great range of bars and clubs. There is also a more sophisticated cafe culture to be enjoyed, along with regular theatre and ballet performances.
Also see: Bars in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Location: Palma Centre & Marina
Star Rating: Boutique / Small | 5 Star
Property Style: Boutique / Designer | City Hotel | Hotel
Special Breaks: Spa Breaks
Vibe / Atmosphere: Romantic | Small / Cosy | Traditional & Modern mix
Bookings For: Car hire | Concierge | Day Trips | Guides
Access: Disabled access
Room: Air-conditioning | Central-heating | Safe / Secure box | Telephone
Entertainment: Restaurant | DVD Player | Free WiFi | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Spa & Fitness: Beauty Treatments | Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi | Massage / Relaxation | Sauna | Spa | Yoga Classes
View: Sea view
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter
Address: Plaza Llorenç Villalonga, 8 | Palma Centre & Marina | 07001