A new addition to Palma's boutique hotels, Can Cera has made a big impression with its guests to date.
Housed in a 13th century manor house in the historic centre of Palma de Mallorca, it offers lavish interiors with patios & balconies, and Italian Renaissance architecture.
There are seven deluxe rooms and five suites, featuring large Majorcan beds, period pieces and modern fittings. All rooms include flat screen satellite TVs with DVD players, free Minibar, WiFi acess, direct telephone, safe and hair dryer.
After a day of exploring Palma and beyond you can look forward to returning to hotel to relax it is wonderful Spa which features a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and contrast shower. There are also several treatment rooms where you can indulge in a massage or some beauty therapies. The hotel also offers private Yoga glasses for complete relaxation of body and mind.
Like the restaurant, the modern bar is out of step with the rest of hotel's traditional decoration. It has floor to ceiling white shelving displaying a wide variety of wines and spirits that can be enjoy either on the beautiful covered terrace or in the low lights of the bar itself.
The restaurant in contrast to the hotel, is very much in the 21st century with modern art covering the walls, dark ceilings and hanging lamps. It offers a first rate Mediterranean tapas menu using local, fresh, seasonal ingredients.
You’ll need to book your own transfers, when staying here. Your main options are shared or private transfers, but consider whether you would prefer a door-to-door service or a (generally cheaper) “communal” drop-off point at your destination.
Also see: Transfers to Mallorca, Spain
You’ll need to organise your own bike hire when staying here. Things to consider are the type of bike you want to rent such as road, mountain, hard trail and/or an electric bike; and whether you’ll need helmets and protective clothing with your rental. You’re best off choosing a shop that is close to your accommodation for ease of access, and making it quicker to return the bike and pay at the end. Some companies may also deliver so it’s worth looking at all the options.
Also see: Cycle Hire in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Guides & Tours
The hotel's concierge is able to organise various activities on your behalf including personalised excursions with or without a tour guide, Balloon Rides, Cycle tours, Boat trips and Horse riding.
Also see: Guides & Tours in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
- "Very friendly staff. Great location in The heart of old town and walking distance to most scenic locations. Staff is very welcoming, friendly, professional and polite. If you are not into wild partying and want to enjoy a nice vacation with farming, an excellent option to consider." - Trip Advisor
- "An exclusive and personal boutique hotel is all about getting the right feeling. And we did. The entire staff are friendly, professional and very polite. Breakfast is great!!! The Majorcan cuisine they offer in the restaurant is delicious. Our Junior Suite was very spacious, bright, comfortable and the bed to die for.... The location was perfect as well. This is real luxury. We have already recommended this beautiful hotel to our friends.Thank you for making our stay so memorable!" - Trip Advisor
- "I stayed here on a recent business trip. I loved the central location and the warm welcome which greeted me upon arrival. I was given a brief tour of the hotel and then shown to my fabulous room with an amazingly comfortable bed and huge bathroom. All of the usual five-star touches were in place but the friendly and personalised service (a constant theme throughout the stay) were a refreshing change from chain hotels. I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant - both of which were perfectly paced, very tasty and great value for money, with great local wine options. One huge bonus is the spa which you can book out for exclusive use - with a large jacuzzi, sauna and steam room it really is a treat. I travel a lot for work and stay in countless hotels each year, yet this hotel stood out as something really special. Enjoy it!" - Trip Advisor
- "A beautifully restored palace in Palma's Historic Quarter, with a peaceful ambiance and fabulous food" - i-escape
- "Historic Hotel Can Cera in Palma has stood proudly in its place since 1232, taking a turn along the way as a 17th-century palace. These days, it’s a princely boutique hotel instead, with an elegant air, antique wooden furnishings and a host of stately salons." - Mr & Mrs Smith
The main area of interest in Palma is the old city around the cathedral. This part is mostly pedestriansed and is filled with shops, bars and restaurants. Beautiful buildings of all architectural types line the streets and there are many lanes and alleys to explore.
A foodies heaven, Palma has really come up trumps with gastronomic restaurants turing on the style in recent years. Santa Catalina and La Llonja are two of the hot spots at the moment, you'll be spolit for choice.
Also see: Restaurants in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Things to Do Nearby
Sailing is huge in Palma, with a number of marinas lining the coast. The city's beaches can also be good for windsurfung when the wind is up. On a more tranquil note, there are many sights to see, museums and galleries to visit, and Mallorca's best shopping. Some of the island's best festivals take place in Palma, and there is a thriving cultural programme throughout the year.
Also see: Things To Do in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
The city has a beach just beyond the cathedral which is in walking distance to many of the boutique hotels in the old town. Further along to the east are the beaches of Portixol and Ciudad Jardin, which offer a more tranquil experience.
Also see: Beaches in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Palma has Mallorca's best nightlife, with a great range of bars and clubs. There is also a more sophisticated cafe culture to be enjoyed, along with regular theatre and ballet performances.
Also see: Bars in Palma Centre & Marina, Spain
Location: Palma Centre & Marina
Star Rating: Boutique / Small | 5 Star
Property Style: Boutique / Designer | Hotel
Special Breaks: Spa Breaks
Vibe / Atmosphere: Small / Cosy | Traditional & Modern mix
Bookings For: Car hire | Concierge | Day Trips | Guides
Cleaning: Laundry Service
Access: Disabled access | Lift / Elevator
Car-parking: Parking on property
Entertainment: Restaurant | Room Service | Drinks bar | DVD Player | Games available | Satellite TV | WiFi / Internet
Spa & Fitness: Beauty Treatments | Gym / Fitness area | Hammam / Steam-room | Hot-Tub / Jacuzzi | Massage / Relaxation | Sauna | Spa
View: City view
Open Seasons: Spring | Summer | Autumn | Winter
Address: C/San Francisco, 8 | Palma Centre & Marina | 07001