The town of Andratx is located in a valley on the southwestern tip of the Serra de Tramuntana mountains.
Like many towns around the coast, Andratx was built several kilometres inland from its port, Port d'Andratx, in a bid to deter pirate raids. Today, Andratx remains a pretty and authentic Mallorcan town almost untouched by tourism, which means there are only a few options for visitors to base themselves here. The port and the surrounding hillsides, on the other hand, are scattered with holiday homes and villas targeting affluent tourists.
The town only really gets animated on Wednesdays when the quaint streets are taken over by market stalls selling vegetables, cheeses and fish. This is the best time to visit. When you have finished your shopping, climb to the top of the town to see the 13th-century church of Santa Maria.
More Mallorca Insights...
- Fiestas, Festivals & Fairs 2021 in Mallorca
- Michelin stars 2021 in Mallorca
- Top 10 adventure sports to do in Mallorca
- Healthy & organic eating in Mallorca
- The 6 most beautiful natural attractions in Mallorca
- Best 8 day trips in Mallorca